Welcome to all members
We've made some changes recently but you'll find all the usual (updated) information on successful cases, testimonials, events and courses, along with other useful homeopathic reference material presented in a clear helpful way. We also intend to keep the news section up to date, so it’s worth checking in regularly to find out what’s happening.
Here you can also access all the issues of the Mag (6 years so far – more to come) as a flip book, either read online or print pages.
All future issues of the Mag will be accessed via the website and will be designed with online reading in mind ie. single column text and no awkward page breaks, previously dictated by page numbers and print restrictions. We’re hoping this will become an enjoyable way of reading the Mag, with clickable links and the possibilities of embedded video.
As a member you can
Register and pay online for the annual conference and other events throughout the year and also apply to be part of the Bluesky Forum email group where members can share information about cases and get help and support if needed. If you haven't already signed up please email:
email@example.com to be added as a member.
Finally, if you have comments or suggestions on any aspects of the website – particularly regarding future direction, content and anything you'd like to contribute to the pages please let us know. You can email Stuart at firstname.lastname@example.org who will pass on the info.
BAHVS Committee Report
The committee conducts a Skype meeting at regular intervals –usually monthly- although occasionally more frequently. We thought it would be a good idea to give the membership an occasional synopsis of the subjects we are addressing to keep you informed of what is happening on the various fronts.
- We had discussions and meetings with the BVA regarding their position statement on CAM medicine before it was released. We presented lots of information to them and they did appear to listen, and did modify their position, but we feel not enough. There is still a significant way to go and we continue to work behind the scenes.
- We have fed back to BVA and a statement will appear on the website with our response
- The new president of the RCVS is now in office and we hope to have direct contact with her before long.
- Our public support via Facebook etc. remains strong and we hope that members will support their efforts on our and CAM’s behalf. We continue to liaise with them daily.
- Barbara Jones is our new faculty rep and has attended meetings and reported back to the committee. The faculty are very supportive of our efforts.
- We continue to address the problem that European and national laws regarding homeopathy are not the same.
- We have had to discontinue the Mailchimps as a result of the new email and contact laws.
- The crowd funding initiative is still active but donations have slowed markedly lately.
- The petition is also active –over 21,000- but also less active.
- We would ask all BAHVS members to continue to encourage clients to support these and that flyers are available for distribution and I will be bringing them to the conference for people to take.
- The new on line magazine is proving a great success as is the new website.
- We continue to investigate the legalities regarding the RCVs statement and the potential actions we could have.
- The extreme bias and unfairness repeatedly shown by the Veterinary Record and the Vet Times towards homeopathy in general, and the letters that are sent in by homeopaths, continues to be challenged by members of the committee. Some of the correspondence will appear on the website•We continue to collate and amass the kind of ‘evidence’ that is requested by the RCVS and other organisations.
- We will be in attendance at the Homeopathic Research Institute conference next year.
International congress for homeopathy with international speakers
Homeopathy in the 21st century – Integrating Homeopathy in Human, Dental and Veterinary Medical Practice
15-16-17-18 November 2018 at the Hilton Hotel in Sofia, Bulgaria
A concentration of valuable knowledge for your everyday homeopathic practice
This congress can offer you a variety of symposiums, seminars and workshops combined with social events and tours around Sofia in a flexible and innovative format, designed to inspire all, whether you have just discovered homeopathy or are an experienced homeopath. Come and join likeminded colleagues from the human and veterinary world and share your experience with them, as they will share theirs with you. You will be able to listen to international speakers from all over the world and join lectures across the disciplines within homeopathy, whatever combination suits you.
Homeopathy is passing through challenging times right now and it is more important than ever to connect with other homeopaths and listen to, what they have to say. Here is your chance to further your education in homeopathy and at the same time learn from some of the most experienced homeopaths, this world has ever seen.
There is a human symposium, a veterinary seminar and two workshops on provings and research. Please have a look at the program here: https://alhb.eu/en/symposium/program/
For more details or to register please look at the website here: https://alhb.eu/en/
Join us in Sofia – homeopathy needs you as much as you need homeopathy!